Thursday, August 9, 2007

Filipino Recipes for the "Common Tao"

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my humble blog!

As a Filipino citizen, I heartedly welcome all my fellow Filipinos on this blog. I created this blog for the sole purpose of sharing my ideas in cooking. I know, there are a lot of cuisines existing nowadays, not to mention the modern ones with different variations from the originals. As years passed by, it's always sad to think that the fundamental delicacies we have in our country are somehow coming to their extinction. We all know, due to the proliferation of the new generations, fashions are evolving fast, and so as with the foods we eat. People right now like fast-foods. According to many sources, there are lots of disadvantages if we stick to these over-the-counter meals. I believe we all know these things and we are just too lazy to think about it.

So I put up every effort I got to gather all my resources and post them here. This is also my little movement for my patriotism to my country, that is, show the world the filipino delicacies. The delicacy that most people have been missing all throughout the time. I hope you enjoy viewing this simple blog and may it be of great use to you all my dear Filipinos.

The Filipino recipes I'm going to present here on my blog are formatted using the conventional way, that is, the ingredients are listed first and followed by the instructions on how to prepare and cook them.

Happy viewing! Stay healthy!

Here's my favorite quote:

"The one who understands the art of properly preparing food, and who uses this knowledge, is worthy of higher commendation than those engaged in any other line of work."

No comments: